Typically, you'll want to use a service account that has the least privileges necessary to query the data from CRM. The connection string follows the format:
Data Source=sql server;Initial Catalog=tenant_MSCRM
If you use a service account, you may get an error when you Test Connection in SSRS Report Manager:
Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct.
In that case, the error may be caused because the account does not have "Log on locally".
To grant this permission, do the following:
1. On the report server computer, in , open .
2. Under , expand , and then click .
3. In the details pane, right-click and then right-click .
4. Click .
5. Click , specify a domain or other location that you want to search, and then click .
6. Enter the Windows account for which you want to allow interactive login, and then click .
7. In the dialog box, click .