Tuesday, November 13, 2007

GridView DataItem and Sorting NameValueCollections

I wanted to reuse the data that I was pulling for my Gridview (rather than make a separate call to the DB) so I put this code in the RowDataBound event to collect all the distinct server names:
 
Dim testServerList As New NameValueCollection
Dim name, value As String
If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then
    name = CType(e.Row.DataItem, DataRowView).Row.Item("TestServerName").ToString()
    value = CType(e.Row.DataItem, DataRowView).Row.Item("TestServerId").ToString()
    If Not name.Equals(String.Empty) AndAlso testServerList(name) = Nothing Then
        testServerList.Add(name, value)
    End If
And then I wanted to sort the data:
 
Dim sortedKeys() As String
sortedKeys = testServerList.AllKeys
Array.Sort(sortedKeys)

No comments: